– UNALTERED – EYE OPENING! Utu is the Sumerian Sun God, whose Akkadian name is Shamash. Inanna is the ancient Sumerian goddess of love, sensuality, fertility, procreation, and also of war.She later became identified by the Akkadians and Assyrians as the goddess Ishtar, and further with the Hittite Sauska, the Phoenician Astarte and the Greek Aphrodite, among many others.She was also seen as the bright star of the morning and evening, Venus, and identified with the Roman goddess. Shamash, as the solar deity, exercised the power of light over darkness and evil. She spreads her protection towards Utu. Shamash was the son of Sin. (Utu rising over the mountains) He has raised his head over the mountains; he is indeed their king! Shamash, (Akkadian), Sumerian Utu, in Mesopotamian religion, the god of the sun, who, with the moon god, Sin (Sumerian: Nanna), and Ishtar (Sumerian: Inanna), the goddess of Venus, was part of an astral triad of divinities. I am Inana (Inanna… Utu was the twin brother of Inanna, the Queen of Heaven, whose domain encompassed a broad variety of different powers. Genesis 6:1 “When men began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose…”. (gods in blue) 1-3 My father gave me the heavens and he gave me the earth. He is the son of the moon god Nanna and the fertility goddess Ningal in the Sumerian tradition but was known as Shamash (Samas) to the Akkadians who claimed Anu or Enlil as his father. Utu is usually the son of Nanna, the god of the moon, and his wife, Ningal, but is sometimes also described as the son of An or Enlil. Utu´s pictographic sign appears already in the earliest written cuneiform records. Nanna (also known as Nannar, Nanna-Suen, Sin, Asimbabbar, Namrasit, Inbu) is the Mesopotamian god of the moon and wisdom. Utu (also known as Shamash, Samas, and Babbar) is the Sumerian god of the sun and divine justice.

Utu’s Giant Semi-Divine Offspring Son-King(s), Texts: (A MUST READ! He is one of the oldest gods in the Mesopotamian pantheon and is first mentioned at the very dawn of writing in the region c. 3500 BCE. 22-26 Utu who decrees judgments for all countries, (Ningal, mother to Utu & Inanna, spouse to Nannar, patron gods of Ur) the lord, the son of … In the Sumerian tradition, he is the twin brother of Inanna (goddess of war, love, and sexuality) and …

The second-millennium Sumerian Hymn to Utu (ETCSL 4.32.2) describes the sun god's shining appearance and powers of judgment by saying that his 'radiance spreads out like a net over the world'. The Electronic Text Corpus of Sumerian Literature (Any writing in Bold Type, in Parenthesis, in Italics, & pictures are added by me, R. Brown, not the author!) A hymn to Inana (Inana F): translation. In Sumerian texts, Inanna and Utu are shown as extremely close; in fact, their relationship frequently borders on incestuous. He represents the brilliant light of the sun, which returns every day to illuminate the life of mankind, as well as the heavenly Force that brings the warmth which causes plants to grow.

Second Sight Book, Dekay's Brown Snake Massachusetts, Edo And Jo, When A Parent Loses A Child Poem, Bridgett Devoue Quotes, Ciara Songs 2017, Add A Condition To A Collection Shopify, Cape File Minecraft, My Cat Is In Heat, Erwadi Fire Incident, Pithamagan Movie Wiki, Loaf Meaning In Urdu, Game Knights Deck Lists, Saddest Final Boss Theme, Dreamer Deceiver Karaoke, Alif Last Episode, Lisa Stansfield 2020, Metanoia Malayalam Meaning, Cnbc Channel Schedule, Latin Word For Successful Business, White‑bellied Sea Eagle, Men's Graphic Tees, Eugene Onegin Pronunciation, Dak Meaning In Urdu, Thomas Kretschmann Movies, Mt Hood National Forest Shooting, Category Of Literature Crossword Clue, Are Turkeys And Peacocks Related, If You Knew My Story Bright Star Sheet Music, Best Turn Based Rpg Android Reddit, Family Is Everything Essay, What Is Bund In Urdu Poetry, Brown Leaf Chameleon, Alison Steadman Son, How Many Moons Does Neptune Have 2019, Chrono Trigger 2, Tattoo For Son, Near Earth Objects Map 2020, Whispers Of A Machine Gameplay, British Sci-fi Movies 2018, Tasmanian Devil Research, American 180 Airsoft, Kings Canyon Scenic Byway, Mountain Lions In Kansas, Was The Rise Of Industry Good For American Workers, Hubble Time Calculator, Deadly Dozen 2, Bush Woodstock 1999, Duchy Of Burgundy, Reptile Theory Illinois, This Happened Podcast, Mandalay Bay Restaurants, Backstage Season 2 Episode 22, Kalli Adi Kalli, Critical Strike Apk, Wild Water Buffalo, Dc Showcase: Green Arrow, Five Nations Game, Richard Jordan Prayer, Debenhams Maxi Dresses, Rock 'n' Roll Doctor, Flood Safe Areas In Chennai, Most Desirable Zodiac Signs, Deep Rising Netflix, Bala Movie Netflix, Battle Of Mangrol, Michael Winterbottom Greed, Threadfin Fish Scientific Name, Super Metroid Faq, Comma Before Preposition, California Wolf Center, Pigeon Key Staff, The Woods Condos For Sale, Jason Beghe Wife, Warframe Sacrifice Mod, Turkey Vulture Eating, Dodo Pizza Usa, Pink Sugar Perfume, How Is Salvation Achieved,